What causes ringing in back of head?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I hear a ringing in my the back of my head, not m ears, since early July.. Sometimes my ears fill full and they ache. I went to an ENT and he said my ears and sinuses are fine. I feel unsteady on my feet, my equilibrium feels off . My coordination isn't very good. I just return from being checked out for possibly having Insulinoma again. I passed the 3 day fast even the normal hypoglycemia test. I fall off a chair last winter had got whiplash to my neck( fell asleep) Could a problem with my Cerebellum have anything to do with this?.
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, we need to exclude a cerebellar problem.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms and the fact that your ENT evaluation was within normal limits.

Based on your symptoms, we need to exclude a cerebellar problem.

Symptoms such as imbalance, lack of co-ordination, unsteadiness while walking, falls, lack of equilibrium, etc could indicate a disease in cerebellum.

A brain MRI scan would be able to exclude a cerebellar disease.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/