What causes ring shaped bruises on the upper thighs?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have. Odd and seemingly unchanging ring shaped bruises in my upper thighs close to my groin, and under my arms. They don't hurt, nor have I had blunt force trauma to the areas.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I need to have little more detail of the illness

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I have studied your case and I think this lesion can be due to two reasons.
1.it can be reaction to allergy to any medication
2.it can be due to blood coagulation problem
For understanding your disease in better way I need to have little more detail of the illness.
1.Do you have any itching in that part?
2.can you send me images of that lesions?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you. Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 18 hours later
I'm not sure how to send pictures using this website form. I have no itching. This has happened since I started taking the 100mg/day of doxycycline. If it's a blood coagulation problem from the doxy, should I discontinue now, or wait to see my PCP about it first? The ring-type bruise on my left upper thigh is reddish; the large rings around my underarms are a bit faded from how they were at first, are a light XXXXXXX now- they were reddish at first. There's also a streaky looking red mark across the top of my left thigh that is not the result of trauma.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use attach report option for sending image

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. It can be due to Doxycline also. There is no progress in the lesion and they are not causing you any trouble so no need to stop Doxycline just now. Wait for your PCP to see.
I would suggest you to avoid applying any cream or soap in that region. Avoid wearing tight undergarments or cloths. Keep that are dry.
I am waiting for images.
Thanks