question-icon

What causes right sided scalp pain?

Posted on Wed, 12 Mar 2014
Question: My scalp on my right hand side hurts alot, i cant move my hairt too it feels as burning.pls help
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (43 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Herpes zoster Detailed Answer: Hello You might be suffering from Herpes Zoster. It is a condition affecting the nerves and usually affects the nerves of a particular part of body leading to unilateral burning sensation and pain. I would like to know, do you have only burning sensation or is there development of lesions too ? Usually Herpes zoster is associated with development of rash and pain. Let me know, so I can help you better. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar (4 minutes later)
No there are no rash so far. Its only pain and now got a headache too
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (44 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Sometimes Zoster may present only with unilateral pain. I usually prescribe capsule gabapentene and pregabaline to my patients and they get good relief with treatment. Please meet your doctor and discuss regarding these medications. Thank you
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist