What causes right-sided pain in the mid back?

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Back Pain
Question:
I have a pain that started in my mid-back along the spine. It now hurts under my rib cage in the mid-back right.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be pressure on thoracic nerves / Costo Chondritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
In my opinion this kind of pain is usually die to pressure on thoracic nerves / or costo chondritis( Inflammation of the rib cartilage).
I suggest X Ray Of D-L Spine , S Vitamin D3 S Vitamin B12 and one Nerve conduction velocity test for thoracic nerves.
In the mean time start mild pain killers, muscle relaxants and a combination of Pregabalin + Methycobalamine.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana