• question-icon

What causes right-sided pain in the chest?

Posted on Sat, 29 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am having sharp, sudden pains in the right side of my chest, lateral area, between the nipples and my right armpit. Concerned about possible heart attack or pulmonary embolism, but I have no other symptoms. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to any cardiac disorders or pulmonary embolism.

Your symptoms are not typical of any cardiac disorders or pulmonary embolism (which are associated to ther symptoms like persistent chest pain, shortness of breath, cough, blood pressure fluctuations,etc.).

So, relax and don't worry about it!

A musculo-skeletal pain or a nerve pain could be the cause of your complaints.

Is the pain triggered or modulated by deep breathing or body movements? This would be another argument in favor of musculo-skeletal pain or nerve pain.

The fact that you have been diagnosed with chronic degenerations of the vertebral column and nerve damage, makes the radicular nerve pain more probable as the main cause of your complaints.

For this reason, I recommend having some rest, avoiding physical activity and taking ibuprofen for the pain.

Hope to have been helpful!

Let me know about everything!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist