What causes right-sided pain in the buttock and thigh despite taking medication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
good morning. I'm self-diagnosing a back problem. I've received muscle relaxants for the lower back pain, but I still have cramping in my right buttock and right thigh, to the point where it's painful to walk. I work
on my feet for at least 5 hours a day on an unforgiving tile floor, and my back will lock up. Any advice? My primary physician said that it's muscular and I waited a long time to seek treatment. Thank you.
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
MRI scan is needed.

Detailed Answer:
In addition to pain killers and muscle relaxants that you are taking you need to get an MRI scan done for proper diagnosis as the pain is persistent. Stronger muscle relaxants improvisation of posture and regular physiotherapy can help in the long term.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal