What causes right-sided pain below ribs, tight stomach and bloating?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am having pain on my right side below my ribs. It's like an ache with sharp stabbing paint at times. I am also bloated with a very tight stomach. I have had it for four days.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please folllow

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!

You are reporting to have right abdminal pain. These symptoms are related to :
- constipation/ IBS
- gallbladder issues like sludge or stone.

To my opinion you need to do further exams like:
- abdominal ultrasound
- blood work
- colonoscopy ( if you have contipation for more than 3 months)

Meantime i suggest to change lifestyle like:
-use plenty of watet
- use fruits and vegetables
- avoid fatty,spicy foods
- increase physical activity

Hope it was helpfull to you!
Dr.Klerida

Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
I had my gallbladder removed back in 1997 due to gall stones. I also have been having hot flashes and nausea. Would this change anything?

Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sludge on biliary tract to rule out...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back XXXXXXX

If you have gallbladder removed than you should do as soon as possible abdominal ultrasound ,
It will help to rule out /confirm sludge biliary tract( common bile duct etc ).

Wish you fast recovery!
Dr.Klerida