What causes right-sided facial numbness, blurred vision and metallic taste in mouth?
Further examinations needed to achieve a correct diagnosis.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
In my opinion, in order to achieve a correct diagnosis, your husband should be examined further, besides CT scan of the head.
There is need for EEG (electroencephalogram) and full cardiac work up including Holter 24 hours monitoring of blood pressure and heart rhythm.
Blood tests to evaluate kidneys, liver and thyroid function also are needed to understand better your husband's condition.
These issues should be discussed with your husband's primary care Doctor, who can order the needed tests and specialty consulting.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
MRI/MRA could give valuable information.
Metal clips used for closure of aneurysm are mainly made from titanium, so, MRI is not contraindicated, and could give indispensable information about your husband's condition.
Those symptoms may be related to surgery also, but imaging studies are needed to confirm/exclude this possibility.
TIA-s are a possible explanation about these concerns.
Brain blood circulation and vessels could be verified by MRA.
EEG also needed to evaluate/exclude seizures.
Discuss with your husband's treating Doctor about having done MRI/MRA and EEG of brain.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Metal taste blurred vision
- What causes a metallic taste in the mouth and passing out
- What causes abdominal discomfortconstipation and metallic taste in mouth
- Metallic taste in mouth and blurred vision
- What causes a metallic taste in the mouth after coughing
- Numb mouth metal taste
- What causes dry mouth and metallic taste in mouth
- Sudden blurred vision and metal taste in my mouth
- What causes blurred vision
- What causes numb tongue and blurred vision