What causes right-sided abdominal pain, bloating, flatulence and constipation?

Gastroenterologist
Question
The right side of my stomach is hurting and my stomach feels bloated and I'm passing gas but feels like im constipated what can I take or what should I do
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
proper medication with optimal nutrition would help you a lot.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.

When a person is constipated food accumulates inside intetines.This accumulated food is acted upon by a number of bacterias or fungi which release a large amount of toxic gases which starts to compress intestinal walls.This leads to irritation of nerves passing through intestinal muscle layers hence causing pain.

Suggestion-
Take a laxative like lactulose 15-30 ml once daily it would soften your stool and would help you to pass stools easily.As there would be proper defecation stagnation and fermentation of food would decrease hence symptoms would settle down soon.
-One teaspoon of linseed with warm water should be taken at night for bulk and lubrication.
-Fish oil is believed to encourage healthy digestion and castor oil produces a laxative effect when ingested.
Eat 2 cups of fruit 3 cups of vegetables and about 35 grams of fiber per day
Eat lots of foods and veggies.
Pears are beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
Guava fruit when eaten with seeds, gives roughage to the diet and helps in the normal evacuation of the bowels.
- Fybogel Hi-Fibre sachets both contain the active ingredient ispaghula husk, which is a type of medicine called a bulk-forming laxative. Ispaghula is a type of fibre. It swells when it comes into contact with fluid in the gut and thus increases the volume of the faeces.

Proper medication with eating habits would help you with it.
Hope i was helpful.
Thank you.

Follow-up: What causes right-sided abdominal pain, bloating, flatulence and constipation? 17 minutes later
The left side of my stomach has
Been hurting on and off for about 3 days since i took meclizine for being nasea

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
As already explained my dear patient when there is excessive gas in intestines pain could radiate to any side may even involve full abdomen.Please follow the suggestions and get an ultrasound abdomen done to be on safe side.

Hope i was helpful.
Thanks.