What causes right kidney pain and frequent urination with history of kidney infections?
I am currently in pain with my back. The main area of pain seems to be where my right kidney is. I have suffered from kidney infections previously and although I am urinating a lot, there is no burning sensation. I have also been sweating a lot and feeling very hot and then very cold. My back hurts when I am standing, it hurts when I am sitting, it hurts when I stretch.
Please go in to be evaluated.
Hello and welcome,
I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. The hallmarks of a kidney infection are flank pain (in the area of the kidneys), fever, and nausea. Given that you have had kidney infections before, I would have a high suspicion for a kidney infections now, and it should be evaluated, even if you don't have bladder symptoms. So please do go in to doctor or clinic now. They will examine you, get a urine specimen, and possible an xray or ultrasound is needed to make sure there is not a stone.
I hope this helps you and that you are feeling better soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Kidney infection causing chest pain
- What causes severe kidney infections
- Constipation cause kidney pain
- Dizziness frequent urination bladder or kidney infection
- Kidney pain fever nausea painful frequent urination taken sulfameth
- Kidney infection cause leg pain
- Kidney infection with no pain urinating
- What causes leg pain with a kidney infection
- What causes mild kidney pain
- Does frequent urination signify kidney infection?