Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes right flank pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 421 Questions
I have right flank pain and neg cultures and normal abd CAT scan Do I need to see a urologist or am i wasting his time
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
a visit to Urologist is needed.

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Medical literature proves that CT is more accurate and sensitive than IVP in diagnosis many conditions. I too personally think that you may not benefit much from this at this point of time. But, a physical exam is mandatory in deciding it. Your doctor may have some finding from physical exam which is making him order IVP. Moreover, we cannot leave it as such since you still have symptoms and we need to get exact diagnosis. So, a visit to Urologist is needed.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor