Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes right flank pain?

Urologist
Question
I have right flank pain and neg cultures and normal abd CAT scan Do I need to see a urologist or am i wasting his time
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
a visit to Urologist is needed.

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Medical literature proves that CT is more accurate and sensitive than IVP in diagnosis many conditions. I too personally think that you may not benefit much from this at this point of time. But, a physical exam is mandatory in deciding it. Your doctor may have some finding from physical exam which is making him order IVP. Moreover, we cannot leave it as such since you still have symptoms and we need to get exact diagnosis. So, a visit to Urologist is needed.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.