What causes right ear pain in a child?
My 7 year old daughter is getting right ear pain, what we can do this point of time?
paracetamol tablet 250 mg. Consult doctor.
Hi, thanks for your query.
Acute ear pain can be because of many reasons. Commonest reason being, ear wax, external and middle ear infection, middle ear effusion, referred pain to the ear because of throat infection. Wax needs to be removed,infection treated with antibiotics .empirically treatment, irrespective of the cause is paracetamol 250 mg tablet or diclofenac 25 mg tab. Thus will reduce the pain for 6 to 8 hours, then later you can consult with the ent specialist and get evaluated. Hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shortness of breath and sinus problem
- Suggest treatment for tinnitus
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty post sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for ear pain with sore throat
- What causes dizziness?
- What causes bruising in the socket next to the nose?
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen glands behind ears and sores all...
- What causes vertigo with tingling in body and muscle twitches?
- What is the cause and treatment for labyrinthitis?
- What causes white circular spot on right nasal septum wall?