What causes repetitive uncontrolled swallowing with chills?

Posted on Mon, 21 Sep 2015 in Mental Health
Question: I have these episodes that come and go...They happen for a few weeks and then not for several months.They most occur at night and wake me and now I am experiencing this a few times a day.
I get a weird sensation and then repetitive uncontrolled swallowing for a few minutes followed by some chills. I have a benign meningioma and mentioned this to NS and he did not see the involvement to where my tumor is. I have had these episodes that come and go...sometimes not for several months and then disappear as fast as they came. ( I am a stressful person).
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide MRI reports and images

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The symptoms and movement your are narrating are atypical and may be manifestation of complex partial seizures.
You need to provide the images of MRI to look for its location as temporal region may be associated with such episodes.
Is there any other diseases like hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, diabetes, obesity?
You can mention other symptoms along with this complain.
You may require an EEG study.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back with the reports and images of MRI.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist