What causes remission of brain lesions while treating multiple sclerosis?

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am in a desperate situation. In the 80's I was diagnoised with MS. My doctor then gave me injs. of steroids which helped a lot. It reoccures about every 5 to 9 yrs. There was no way to prove this then, so I have no evidence to show this doctor I have now. I have gone 3 yrs. with no tretment. I am getting much worse, and I have almost all of the symptoms and am in a lot of pain. My last MRI showed the spots in my brain.
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Advice to follow up with doctor

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the query at Healthcare Magic

Multiple sclerosis goes into remission and symptoms recur after many months to years in some people. The clinical course of the disease along with investigations like MRI, Cerebrospinal fluid analysis can definitely help in making a diagnosis.

I recommend that you follow up with your doctor .He can confirm the diagnosis currently, even though you do not have records previously confirming the illness. Steroids are potent medications and should be started only under the supervision of treating physician.

Hope I was able to answer your question
Please feel free to address any more concerns
Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana