What causes regular episodes of fear in a child?
My daughter has been feeling scared specially from evening till early morning. She doesnt want to sleep with anyone else other than myself and my wife. She gets scared with the slightest of loud sound. She closes her ears even when a loud song is playing on TV or a loud car horn. These symptoms vary from time to time and are not very consistent.
We informed this to our regular doctor and he recommended that we see a child psychologist.
Is there a cause for concern/treatment?
Nothing serious, get child psychiatrist consultation
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
In childhood such episode can occur due to dreams.
Is there any fits, abnormal movement, loss of consciousness?
Any abnormalities in growth or learning.
Any behavioural abnormalities?
A consultation with child psychiatrist may be helpful.
At present nothing serious or of much concerns is evident.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
Nothing serious, visit a child psychiatrist
If she is not having any such features then nothing to worry about.
Long memories with such events is uncommon at this age.
Visit to a child psychiatrist will allay your anxiety and clear your doubts.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weak and shaky episodes
- What causes manic episodes
- What causes child to vomit black
- Frequent dizziness episodes what is causing this
- What is the cause of bruising in a child
- What causes a protruding belly in a child
- What is the cause of child s hangmans fracture
- What causes recurrent episodes of iritis
- What causes extreme fear in a toddler
- What is the cause for persistent cough in child