• question-icon

What causes reduced fine motor response in one hand?

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I woke up this morning with reduced fine motor response in my one hand. I have feeling in it that seems normal . Noticed a slight reduction in grip strength as well. There is no pain present.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to nerve compression.

Detailed Answer:
The reduced fine motor responses can be due to mild compression of the nerve root- can be at the level of cervical spine. This can be posture related also. You can wait for a few days and in case this does not improve on its own or you feel tingling or numbness in the fingers then do consult an orthopedician for nerve conduction studies and MRI scan.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon