What causes redness, swelling and discomfort around vagina after waxing?
About a month ago I got a bikini wax and ever since my vagina has been red swollen and provided general discomfort. This past week it became a bit itchy with sort of a murky white/yellow discharge. Two days ago two small papercut like marked appeared at the bottom of labia. They are barely visible and don't hurt when I pee or touch but sting when I put tee tree oil on them. Is this just a bad year infection or worse?
It is infection, will need a swab and culture then antibiotics.
Thanks for writing..
I understand your concern..
Yes,it is infection.. This needs to be treated at the earliest..
In my opinion I would suggest to get a vaginal swab to see for any organism and to take antibiotics according to the infection..
The cut in the labia and swelling will resolve with application of antifungal cream like Clotrimazole with added steroid cream in low dose.. Avoid excessive use of soap.. Can use soap solution with PH equal to vagina like V wash.. This allows the normal flora to grow..
Hope I have answered your query.. Feel free ti ask any doubts.. Good day..
Get tested for herpes
Thanks for writing...
Yes herpes can be asymptomatic but contagious in most of the cases... You can get a confirmation by doing PCR blood test to see for viral DNA and a cell culture from the sore to see for virus... This confirms whether you have herpes infection...
Anti viral medications can be taken for temporary cure but complete cure is doubtful...discuss about this with your doctor
Hope I have answered your query... Good day...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling and itching in the vagina
- What causes redness and swelling in toes
- Cause of red bumps on vagina after sexual intercourse
- What causes your vagina to be red
- What causes swelling and redness in premium
- What causes itchingswelling and redness in the vagina
- What causes swelling and redness in the vagina
- Causes for red inflamed raw vagina
- What causes red spots on vagina
- What causes the swelling and itching in vagina after waxing
- Suggest treatment for vaginal yeast infection
- What causes irregular periods after having I pill post unprotected sex?
- Suggest an alternative to Susten that can be taken during prgnancy
- What is the cause and treatment for irregular periods?
- Suggest treatment for vaginal injury after intercourse
- What causes missed periods?
- Is positive HPV in pap smear a matter of concern?
- Suggest treatment for fibroid on spine
- What is the cause and treatment for urinary infection?
- What does my uterus ultrasound report suggest?