What causes redness on the neck along with fatigue?

Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My 19 yo daughter has a really bad redness on her neck and it's stiff, she is tired and just doesn't feel good! She went to a urgent clinic and was told she has a virus and they gave her a zithromycin injection and pills to take! She is afebrile! She also has bruising!
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly thanks for using healthcaremagic site , I had g

Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using healthcaremagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

I hope your daughter feels better soon , let her rest , icing the back of her neck will be helpful , gentle massaging with a topical gel for her bruising and let her take her medications and she will be fine .
If her fever sustains i suggest you visit your physician for proper evaluation and management .

Please click and consider a 5 star rating with some positive feedback if the information was helpful. Wish you good health,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 2 minutes later
Hi
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer :
first time of infection is the hardest to protect her from next time .

Detailed Answer:
dont worry viral infection sometimes is a bit hard especially when first time her body is responding to such microorganism . usually viral organisms are a bit resistant and doesnt responds to drugs rapidly but it is atacked by your daughters immune cells .
if the same virus infected her again she wont be that weak as her immune system will know how to fight against the infection .