What causes redness on penis?
use antiseptic solutions.
Dear XXXX, welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.
I share your concerns about your illness. In my opinion it is not a very serious condition. It could be due to either allergy, trauma or infections. I would like to know following to help you in better way
Time since you have this redness
Whether your partner also had this
Any changes in your soap brand, clothing
At this stage you need to apply antiseptic solutions for few days and you will be fine as redness is already reducing since you have noticed it first.
I hope my reply will help you. Please write to us for follow up queries. Kindly rate this reply. I wish you good health. Thanks
No change in soaps that I can think of.
No clothing changes except I usually wear boxers and had to use briefs a couple of days.
Wife does not have this.
What is an antiseptic solution?
potassium permanganate or hydrogen peroxide or chlorhexidine
Dear XXXX, welcome again. Thanks for the details.
After going through your details I think redness you have is related to hygiene. Condition is called balanitis. Going through your symptoms, it feels that it is of mild nature. You will be fine in few days if you take care of hygiene and apply antiseptic solution.
You can use
diluted potassium permanganate solution or
diluted hydrogen peroxide or
I hope I have answered your question. Kindly rate this reply. Thanks. Please contact us for more questions and information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for redness on penis after masturbation
- What is the cause for red dots on penis head
- What causes irritation and red bumps on penis head
- What is the cause of red bumps on penis
- What could cause little red bumps in the penis
- What causes redness on the penis
- What causes red spots on penis
- What causes red on head of penis
- What causes red patch on penis
- What is the cause of penis turning red