What causes redness on nipples with yellow discharge?
Pus culture and sensitivity test required
Thanks for your query.
I have read you query and saw the attached picture. I understand your concerns about leak.
Following is my reply:
1) The leak ( discharge) you are describing appears to be infection and inflammation of submammary glands area.
2) This leak is pus and may not be staph infection.
3) Please request your doctor to send culture and sensitivity test of this pus. Culture and sensitivity test identifies the exact type of organism infecting and the antibiotics it is most sensitive to.
4) Since it has not responded to previous antibiotics, it does not seem like staph infection but complex mixed infection. Please get above test done.
I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.
Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in ovaries with red blood discharge
- Causes of red inflamed nipples
- What causes red crusty nipples
- Causes of red rubbery discharge
- What causes red spots with yellow heads
- What is causing bright red vaginal discharge
- What causes heavy periods with red spotting and discharge
- What allergies are caused by yellow 5 and red 40
- What causes sticky vaginal discharge with irritation and redness
- What causes red spotting in the normal white discharge