What causes redness on neck area post vaccination in children?
One of my daughter has redness under the skin folds of her neck, she is crying a lot in paid due to this. I have attached some pics, can you please take a look and let us know what to do?
We have applied olive oil as a temporary relief.
It appears to be Intertrigo
Thanks for the query
I have gone through the images and it appears to me as an Intertrigo. Intertrigo is an inflammatory condition of skin occurs due to friction of skin to skin at skin folds like in neck,groin or in between the gluteal folds.
The main aim of management is to keep the area dry and to create a barrier between the folds.
I would suggest you to use a soft napkin for wiping.Don't rub,just XXXXXXX it gently.
Application of cream like Rashfree or Eazynap(contains zinc oxide) helps in early healing and it also act as a barrier by preventing the contact between the skin.
Use loose cloths made of cotton and avoid humid weather.
By taking these measures the lesion will heal within 3-4 days.
Continue feeding and you may give antipyratic like tylenol(acetaminophen) for fever.
I shall be glad to answer if you have any further query.
Wish your babies good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurrance of red rash on face and neck
- Post vaccination encephalitis causes
- Post vaccine encephalitis causes
- Red itchy neck causes
- What causes red spots in children
- What will cause red itchy bumps on breast stomach arms and neck
- What vaccinations can cause sleeplessness
- What causes itchy red colored head neck and arms
- What causes red blotches on neck and chest
- What causes splotchy redness on the neck