• question-icon

What causes redness on face and stomach pain after having meal?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Today for dinner , I ate 1 meatball, 1sausage, a piece of lasagna and easter bread. afterwards maybe about 30 minutes later , this started happening:

My face is beat read, and I have sharp pains in my lower belly.My belly is so swollen
Feels like something is trying to pass through and its got me hunched over.

Ive had my gallbladder out about 6 months ago , any ideas of what this could be or what I could do. Thanky you in advance

ive had multiple endoscopies done and colonoscopy and other tests done. doctors still cant really figure out whats wrong. they just give me different medicines to try for my sensitive stomach.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Food poisoning is likely

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details provided. It seems that you are either suffering from food poisoning or some digestive issue like a gastritis. A proper clinical examination is required in order to be able to distinguish.

I understand that you have already sought medical advice earlier but without proper relief. In such a case I would insist you to upload the medical notes for me to be able to better comment upon.

I would still insist you to visit the ER for the present episode. In the interim, you may want to try antacid. It should ease this discomfort a bit.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 30 minutes later
I seem to get this alot though mostly when I have bigger meals. once I pass a bowel movement , the intense pain goes away and my stomach just feels very sore. it is never a hard bowel movement either, it is always the runs. my doctor had put me on a medicine called phayzme its over the counter to help with gas and bloating as well. Can gastritis really be that intense and is there any typical foods to stay away from. I hardely eat as it is and only weigh 92 pounds, im 22 years old.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis can really be problematic.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Going by the details mentioned, it goes more in favor of gastritis. Your doctor has prescribed enzyme supplements in order to facilitate the digestion.

Gastritis can be this intense or even worse. Spicy food has to be avoided. More importantly, long gaps between meals has to be avoided. Take small but frequent meals.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha