What causes redness of throat and throat pain?
make sure you are giving the right dose
1. If throat is red, then it is possibly infected.
Moxclav is an appropriate drug which can be given , but ensure you give atleast 7ml thrice daily.
2. Continue calpol every 4 to 6 hours. Also give him ibugesic syrup to decrease the throat pain.
3. Saline gargles will help. Do it twice daily with warm water.
Wishing him speedy recovery.
1)Does it viral infection ?
2)What is the reason for the fever to be as much higher as 104 every few hours ?
3)As he is feeling cold as well, does he allow to sleep in ac [not facing ac]
4)How long does he required to continue such treatment?
5)Is there be any other reason other than throat infection?
Please provide details.
specific answers are below
1. More towards bacterial, because of high fever and red throat.
2. High fever may last for 3 to 5 days in throat infection.
3.continue for 5 days.
4. Ac is ok, not directly under the blow.
5. If no improvement after 2 days of antibiotics , get him evaluated for associated ear or chest infection.
Could you please advise the following:
1)Will there be any side effect/issue as he has already taken 2 tablets of Moxclav128.5 mg
2)Need your opinion about changing the line of treatment as stated above by the doctor
3)Reason for the same
4)Shall i allow him for school in case of temperature subsides as of now he is not going
5)Is it related to viral-infection.
No side effects.
1. No problem with side effects
2. Yes ,you can go ahead with new prescription.
3. Doctors clinical examination is the best judge.
4. You can allow him to school if fever comes down.
5. It could be a viral illness but I still feel it is more likely a bacterial infection. Am sure your doctor has not prescribed antibiotics because he feels it is viral . If not improving in 48 hours recheck with him.
1)Why the combination is required again as there are no antibiotics as his fever is now 99-100 not high anymore but doctor still advised him not to go.
2)Any side effects with the same combination
3)Need to know root cause for the same with details please.
Could be because your doctor strongly feels it is viral and it is the best judgment and right too as the fever has come down her well now.
The reason for low grade fever is that few more viral load needs to go out of the body which may take another few days.
No side effects to worry off, the combination he had prescribed is very safe if taken in the proper dose.
Sometimes viral fever does last for 7 to 10 days also.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurring sore throat with red bump
- What causes sore and painful throat
- What causes throat and ear pain
- Cause of a painful bump in the throat
- Pacemakers causing throat pain
- Poppers cause throat pain
- What causes painful sore throat and coughing red phlegm
- Throat pain caused by thyroid
- Throat pain causes
- What causes headache and throat pain