What causes redness of eye after having Clozapine?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: red eye from clozapine,when not taken at same time daily thanks
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clozapine is not known to cause red eye.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having red eye from clozapine. Clozapine is not known to cause red eye as a side effect. The common side effects of clozapine are blurring of vision, dizziness, light headedness....

Hence red eye can be because of a cause not related to the use of clozapine. It needs to be evaluated.
I need to know more information in the form of
Duration of redness of eye
Associated symptoms like pain, watering, discharge, blurring vision...

Do answer for the above mentioned questions, so that I can answer your question more accurately.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
with regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj