What causes redness, itching in urethra and pubic area despite treating yeast infection?
Fix an appointment with Gynecologist/Dermatologist for examination.
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.
I have read your notes. Yeast infection is ruled out. It is not due to menopause. So premarin is not helping.
Are you prone to allergies? Do you have itchy scaly patches on other parts of the body?
Your symptom could be due to :
1. Eczema- This is allergic inflammation which can cause itching and redness. Occurs in people prone to allergies. Allergy can be to soaps, powders, tight undergarments etc
2.Psoriasis- Usually there are scaly patches on other parts of the skin.
3. Lichen sclerosis-This is a chronic autoimmune skin condition which causes dryness and thickening of skin. The itching can cause redness. It can be diagnosed by clinical examination. Sometimes a skin biopsy may be required for confirmation.
4 Lichen planus- It is again itchy inflammation of skin triggered by virus or some environmental factor.
5. Rarely Vulval intraepithelial lesion ( VIN)- It is a precancerous condition. It presents with itching and rash
6. Vulval cancer- This is extremely rare. It can also cause itching which results in rash.
Since you do not have any discharge, infection is unlikely.
Please fix an appointment with Gynecologist/Dermatologist for a clinical examination, So that a correct diagnosis is made and treatment started. Your doctor may take skin scrapings for examination under microscope. A small skin biopsy also may be needed to reach the diagnosis.
I hope this is helpful. If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are yeast infection symptom and what causes it
- Vyvanse cause yeast infection
- Recurrent yeast infections causes
- What is the cause of yeast infection when on atrophy
- What causes recurrent yeast infections
- What causes yeast infection behind the foreskin in males
- Yeast infection causing burning of the urethra
- Yeast infection causes and cures
- What causes depression and yeast infections at teenage
- What causes yeast infections