What causes redness, itching and swelling on the face?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My face is dry, red, itches, swelling. What would cause this? Is there an over counter cream that I may use?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be allergic reaction or due to sun exposure, cortisone cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
You seem to be having an allergic reaction to something you have used or applied on your skin or due to sun exposure.
I would recommend you to apply cortisone cream on the affected areas of the face twice daily along with frequent and liberal application of a moisturising cream on the entire face 3-4 times in a day for 7-10 days.
For itching you can take tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana