What causes redness in the genital area in a 3 year old child?
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.
This is a very common finding in children, it is definitely a fungal infection.
In my opinion, you should apply miconazole cream locally three times a day for 5 days and child will be alright.
I hope this will help .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes genital herpes
- Cause of fluid-filled red bumps on genitals
- What causes genital scabing
- What are the possible causes for genital warts
- What cause genitals to change color
- Can trichomoniasis cause genital redness, burning and itching?
- What causes wormlike movement in the genital
- Pain in the genitals with swelling what is causing this
- Isopropyl alcohol can it cause redness on genital area
- What causes genital ulcers