What causes redness at the tip of the penis?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello, my urethra/penis hole has developed redness/slight discharge. And has a slight pain when I touch it, any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query. I need some more information to answer your question properly.
Do you had any recent unprotected sexual intercourse?
What type of discharge you are having now?
Is it yellowish or puss like or watery?
Is there any pain on testicles or while urination?

A swab test will be needed if you had any recent unprotected sex to rule out and confirm any possible infection. A STD panel test also should be done in such case.
After that I would suggest Doxycycline antibiotic twice daily for 1 week to be on safe side. This will clear all possible bacterial STDs usually.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana