What causes redness around the urethral opening and painful urination?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have redness around my urethra opening and pain during urination. I have herpes outbreak minor one recently but it's over and doesn't look like that. Haven't had sex in three weeks
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please send another high quality photo to let me see details better...

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

I have gone through the photo you provided and I admit the quality was not as good as to see the details in depth.
So, is it possible you could send another photo with better quality?

I need to see if there are tiny blisters among the rash?
From your personal history, it could be a genital herpes outbreak.

Yeast infection is also to consider.

For the moment, I advise to:
- wash with warm water and baby sensitive shampoo (any brand)
- rinse well
- rinse with chamomile tea
- dry well
- apply clotrimazole cream on the outside and inner part of the urethra.

If no improvement, and if confirmed acyclovir cream should be applied locally.

Wish fast recovery.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 6 hours later
i have exzyma on my hands as well
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Should rule out fungal infection through skin scrapping examination

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Ok, I understand, however, the eczema you are having in both hands and genitalia to my opinion, are due to a skin infection.

If the eczema in your hands is having fluid-filled blisters, then, I am still thinking of possible herpes attack.

If no blisters, with flaky appearance, if I was your caring doctor, I will ask to run skin scrapping examination to rule out fungal infection first.

Meanwhile, keep following the advice as given earlier, and apply moisturizing cream containing zinc oxide, petroleum.

Wish fast recovery.
Dr.Albana