• question-icon

What causes redness around the testicles after taking Capecitabine?

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am taking Capecitabine 500 Mg. My hands and feet are not red or swollen, but the area around my testicles is more red than normal. Could that be due to that medicine?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
skin rash is a possible side effect

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Capecitabine has different possible side effects including skin rash which can include redness of the skin.

The area in which the rash occurs is not specified, it can occur in any area of the body including the genitalia.
Redness of the genitalia is not specifically mentioned as a possible side effect.

If the redness is not severe, then it can be monitored. If it is severe then your doctor can give you a cream that may help reduce it.
A mild topical steroid cream such as hydrocortisone can sometimes be used if needed.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James