What causes redness around the opening of the urethra?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Respected sir..first of all thanks a lot sir.iam XXXX your patient i came with my grandpa..now amikasin 500 5th day going on..now lot of improvement .my burning sentation 70% gone sir...but lite feverish symptoms and tiredness only there.doctor told thats antibiotic effect...also one question sir...u told hiv fluid is not possible to going to urithra(i did not enter vagina.only rubbing)...but only one doubt sir already u saw my penis sir...my tip is litely ridish sir.that means redish bcoz of prositities.....hiv fluid touching our sore penis, will infected hiv sir??that risk is occur for me sir??
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The redness of the inner aspect of urethral lip is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.
Inflamed meatus of urethral orifice when contact with infected material (vaginal fluid) will likely increase the risk of HIV. It is not an indication for Prostatitis.
But I did not see any inflammation of urethral lip when I examined you. So I don't find that you have any risk for HIV.
Mild redness inside the urethral lip is normal. Not to worry about the same.
DR S.Murugan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Really i dont know what iam say...100% correct sir...but that episode done on aug 21st sir...if any chance that time my penis inflamed sir??also one doubt sir...that episode she biting chest rite side sir(upper)...that time that part litely redness also redspot...after next day it will gone sir...if any chance she's mouth is sore sir....now i feel lot sir...tottaly two time i made the big mistake sir..that urology told after he getting married 100% it will not re occur. Bcoz after married ,semen will drain tottaly..after rebuilt....last week onwards grandfather eagerly seen alliance for me sir... So i feel very lot sir
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Longstanding UTI can lead to prostatitis.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
There was no inflammation of penis when I examined you.
Ignore the Bite over the chest.
When there was a bleeding wound and if the girl is HIV positive, then there could be a negligible risk for HIV.
Prostatitis would get better with regular intercourse as said by your Urologist because of semen and prostatitic fluid not stagnant. Prostatitis could occur with genital rubbing. But long standing urinary tract infection would lead to prostatitis. Don't get confused. Forget about the possibility of HIV.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 45 minutes later
This minute onwards i forget that hiv sir.....my grand father only takecare of me sir..infuture my health is takeover to u please sir..always my body is feeling like feverish symtoms sir(99degree)..i take dolo only sir. Its enough sir??..after successful treatment,(after 10 days) i will come to thirunelveli to once again will meet you sir.. (With my wbc report)...
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
You will be alright soon.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
When you come back we will check up the temperature and WBC count in our hospital. Not to worry till then. I am here to help you.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
I dont know how to say thanks for u...thank u very much sir
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I wish you a happy married life ahead. You are welcome at anytime.
Dr S Murugan