What causes redness and tingling sensation on lips?
there could be many possible causes
I am Dr Mittal
I have read your query
There are 3 possible causes of the symptoms
1. a lupus induced neuropathy. I rank this first because you already have lupus. However its less likely, cause lupus affects the limb nerve first more commonly.
2. Bells palsy- this is like the same as above, but the cause is not lupus. This is a strong possibility.
3.. A cerebral pathology- this could be a vascular event like a XXXXXXX stroke, or a affection of the brain due to lupus. This is one possibility that needs to be seriously evaluated and excluded. I therefore suggest that you get an MRI of the brain.
I hope that this answers you.
Please feel free to contact us for further information.
Best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation over spleen area
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation in upper lip and face
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- Does candida cause tingling sensation in my lips
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this
- What are the possible reasons for tingling and numbness in my left arm?
- What does dark smelly stools when suffering from diabetes indicate?
- Can I take Ganaton, Motilium and Neksium for severe stomach pain?
- What can cause bumps around my foreskin and why am I having electric...
- Is low testosterone and high TSH related to anterior pituitary gland...
- What is the cure for dementia, high cholesterol and macular degeneration...
- Is pain pump a good solution for burning pain after colonoscopy while...
- Suggest treatment for hyperthyroidism
- Is it safe to consume whisky while taking insulin for diabetes?
- Are there any alternatives to benzodiazepine drugs to control anxiety?