What causes redness and swelling in the tongue?
gum or tooth infection, abscess, medication
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query. As far as the swelling is concerned, I have the following possibilities.
it can be a gum or tooth infection that has lead to the formation of an abscess. Nothing to be panic, consult an oral physician and get it evaluated. If i am your treating doctor i would have prescribed a course of antibiotics like amoxicillin and metronidazole combination(if you are not allergic ).
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. Take care.
Go ahead with the treatment
Thanks for your reply. If you have already started with a course of antibiotics, then you can get the treatment started. They dont have to wait till the swelling subsides. Once the treatment is started the swelling will come down. You can go ahead with the treatment.
I hope I have answered your query. Take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red dots on tongue causes of gerd
- What causes tiny red spots on the tongue tip
- What causes red wine tongue
- What causes redness and swelling in toes
- What causes red pimples on the tongue tip
- Digoxin causing red tongue
- What causes the bleeding of red blister on tongue
- Red spots on tongue caused by mucinex
- What causes tongue to swell dehydrration
- What causes redness and swelling in frenulum underneath my tongue