What causes redness and swelling in the right leg with fever?
Self help and doctor's advise would heal you.
Thanks for the query. I understand your concern.
* Your information suggests cellulitis ( inflammation) at site of injection.. which can turn in an abscess.
* Such abscess can form in case of- Allergy to the drug injected/ jerking of limb while the injection needle was still in body/ wrong site or wrong way of injecting / aseptic precautions not followed.
Whatever the cause, the harm is already done.. you already have a big knot, fever with signs of inflammation. Now we should to try & get rid of the knot / at least try to reduce size of the abscess.
* Self care-
-use hot compress to foment the area 3-4 times a day .
- Take over the counter anti inflammatory pill ( Ibuprofen 400mg after food )
* Doctor's advise- It's better to consult your doctor/ surgeon & get medical aid in form of-
- Antibiotic.anti inflammatory drugs/ local ointment to reduce inflammation ( like Thrombophobe .. to be applied to intact & inflamed skin only )
- Doctor may incise & drain the abscess.. if it's formed. This is followed by dressings with aseptic precautions, Injection TT & oral antibiotic/ anti inflammatory pills/ vitamin C & B complex... till the wound is healed.
I hope You found the answer both informative & useful. Any follow up query is welcome.
Please close the answer if you are satisfied.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fever in children
- What causes fever severe sore and red throat
- What causes leg cramps and redness in leg with fever
- What is the cause for fever with shivers
- What can cause swelling in the cheek with fever
- What causes fever in toddlers
- What causes typhoid fever
- What causes a sudden fever
- What is the cause of brain fever
- What causes hay fever