What causes redness and swelling in the arms?

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My skin dried up on the joints of my elbows and wrists first and fell off then off my whole arms with clear puss leaking off entire arms then moved to my neck and now on my legs mostly in joints of knees. Arms are red and swollen. Bin 12 days now and not getting better. Skin is very dry trying to grow new skin but keeps falling off. It is like severe sun burn but haven't bin in the sun the whole time.
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be an allergic reaction. Show to the doctor immediately

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the query

I have read your query and viewed the attached images.

Are those lesions itchy?

It appears that you may be suffering from an allergic reaction.
Also the lesions in the skin are widespread and can cause a rush of infection or cellulitis.

Avoid eating antigen you think you may be allergic to. Take an anti-histamine like Tablet Phenargan 10mg at once. Apply ice packs to them. Avoid peeling or probing at them. Do visit an Emergency department and show to the doctor immediately.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu

Follow-up: What causes redness and swelling in the arms? 41 minutes later
I don't know how to say this but will give it a try because if your not religious you wont understand. I lived in the same community for some 50 years and not the same religion. I'm Lutheran and 80 percent of the people here are Catholic so when my parents both died 2 years ago the people thought it was a good idea to Ostracize me if you know what that is. It runs deep so deep that going to a doctor here is out of the question. I'm just wondering how they did it. Something I ate or is it something in the air. I know I wont make it through this and I don't expect you to understand but the people here are not going to let me live. Now if you don't know what I'm talking about maybe some of your colleges do. This is real as I have seen them do it twice before. Please don't write back that I'm paranoid because I'm not. Is there anything else I can do and I will keep you informed. Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep well hydrated n prevent recurrence of symptoms

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your situation.

Do apply ice packs. Avoid taking anything that you think can cause a flare of the symptoms. Drink plenty of water.

If you do change your mind or feel that you aren't getting better, it would be a good idea to visit the Doctor.

Follow-up: What causes redness and swelling in the arms? 2 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX but as I thought you would not understand. If you could though keep what I have written and pass it around to see if you run into anyone that has a better idea what I'm talking about. (Ostracized) Look it up it is very interesting and not to many people know about it because they have never seen it before. I'm a very healthy person and should not get anything like this. I live alone and haven't bin doing anything for this to come about. Please let others read this you might find the rite person and if they would like to understand it better I would be glad to let them know what I do. Thanks again and I'll let you know how I'm doing.

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
No intention to ostracise

Detailed Answer:
Okay. Being a Medical Doctor I can only provide you the best opinion for your health. No intention to ostracise.

Follow-up: What causes redness and swelling in the arms? 18 hours later
Things look better now and I think I'm going to be ok but I will keep you informed.

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get well soon

Detailed Answer:
That's great news. Get well soon.