• question-icon

What causes redness and pimples on the skin?

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi i have redness and pimples with pus on skin.. could you please provide me the remedies for it
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical anti-acne medication

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

You seem to have inflammatory acne.
I would suggest an oral anti-acne antibiotic e.g. Cap. Microdox LBX 100mg (Doxycycline hydrochloride), twice daily.

In addition, you may use Clindoxyl gel (clindamycin 1% gel + benzoyl peroxide 5% gel) twice daily.
Use a gentle cleanser for face wash e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion.

These are prescription medications and I suggest you use them under supervision.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 10 minutes later
thank you for your suggestions. i have small request.. can i use ahaglow facewash in the morning and night,and in evening can i use saslic face wash? as i have oily skin but once i was my face it becomes very dry and after an hour it becomes oily again
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Face wash for oily skin

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

No. These face washes (AHA Glow and Saslic DS) are very drying and may cause irritation, redness when used along with other antiacne medications.
You may use Cetaphil OS Oily skin cleanser. It is very gentle on skin and yet suitable for oily skin.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 38 hours later
will this facewash removes oil from face and keep it dry
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oily skin cleanser

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Yes.
Cetaphil OS oily skin cleanser is meant for oily skin. It helps remove excess oil without leaving the skin feeling dry and stretchy.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 7 minutes later
thank you so much for your response. since two days my face has become completely red bumps and few pimples with pus.. i am not sure what is the situation. does this facewash clear pustules? should i be consulted to a derma directly? please suggest
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for acne

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

The face wash is just to remove excessive oil but surely it will complement anti acne therapy.
You may try the medications I have suggested after consulting with your dermatologist.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist