What causes redness and pain in the eye?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hi, my one eye is red as I see in today morning . I was also feeling little bit of pain in the same eye. this is the right eye and my left eye is normal.
pain I was feeling around the eye and not in the eye and it was from last 3 days. the pain was generally felt in the evening.
I have ciplox eye drops @ home should I use that?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Conjunctivitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi, XXXXXXX
The redness looks like conjunctivitis. don't use the ciplox drops if it was opened and used before. Buy a new one and use 2 drops for 6 times a day.

Is your vision normal?
If the redness do not subside in 3 days and any disturbance in vision then do consult the ophthalmologist immediately.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng