What causes redness and pain in the arms?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hi. I was just bitten on the index finger by a seagull trying to take food from my hand. Very sore but no blood just like a very bad pinch. Finger slightly red and dull ache running down arm. Would you suggest I take anything? Up to date with tetanus. Presumably no risk is cellulitis or skin condition if no visible cut or wound? Please advise. I finished a dose of Metronidazole for a tooth infection last week so ideally do not want to be taking antibiotics. Hopefully you can help or advise if I need to consult a GP.
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I suggest an OTC painkiller

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you
I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist).
I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image. Skin seems intact in this image.
Perhaps it was just a strong hit/ pinch with its beak.
I suggest you to take an OTC painkiller e.g ibuprofen or diclofenac, once or twice.