What causes redness and itching of arm?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: my arm is red like blood under skin and itches will go away after a few weeks
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please attach a photo of it? It would be much easier to give precise answer.
Redness usually indicates an inflammation. The red area should be also swollen and painful in case of inflammation.
Such inflammation can be caused by several things including bacterial infection (erysipelas), veins thrombosis, impeded veins flow due to changes in armpit lymph nodes (breast cancer), allergic reaction (caused by some bug bite for example).
Most of mentioned reasons need medical attention and proper treatment. That is why waiting is not a good idea. Please consult your doctor.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.