What causes redness and irritation on the penis head?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am getting red, cherry like irritations on the head of my penis. They seem to heal for a day or two, and then get worse for a day or two. I had this condition every once in a while in the past, but now it has metastasized into a nearly permanent condition. This has been going on for about a month now. I masturbated a month ago about six times in a weekend, which was real unusual for me. Normally, I just masturbate about two or three times a week. I have cut way back, and am only masturbating about every two weeks. I usually use shampoo as a lubricant, or sometimes baby oil and conditioner. I am a widower, and have not had vaginal sex in seven years, but am advancing in a relationship, and am absolutely terrified that this condition persists. A couple times I have masturbated and it hurts dramatically. I am embarrassed to go to my general practitioner. Please help.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to a fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. Possibly you have a fungal infection although there could be an allergic component associated. I would insist you to apply clotrimazole powder topically and hopefully it would help. You may also take some antiallergic like cetirizine one daily for next few days.

I hope that it would help. In case the problem persists you would need to see a doctor.