What causes reddish spots on the legs and back?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have small dot size red spots on legs and back. Does not itch. Seems to,come to,a head and eventually falls off. Had it for three weeks. Condition getting better but slowly.
Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Small micro bug bites allergy.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

Usually such spots are formed on legs and arms by small bug bites these bites are so minir that they dont itch but they creat a little area of disturbance on skin which eventually heals and falls off.

Other possibilty is allergy to anything you might have been coming in contact with.

I would suggest you to first rule out a possibility of bug bites this can happen from lawn, garden, play groung etc.
Do you have contact with any such place in your routine?
i would like you to look into this suggestion from where you can possibly get a bit.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 43 minutes later
No bug bites....I think it could be allergy. I recently had a series of deep massages, that actually bruised me, and they used oils. I had them for 2 per week and developed the spots after the 8th visit.
Could it be due to the oils?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can be allergy as i said in my previous response.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back, yes this might well be an allergy due to massage chemicals or oils ...sometimes allergy is very mild and happens late ,

Just rub some emollient like petroleum jelly over your skin , twice a day and take a tablet citerizine daily at night for seven days ? and don't get further massage till then..An allergy will regress itself after this treatment.

Don't panic doesn't seem to be a huge concern it will settle with time, If you have more concerns you can ask any time, Have a great weekend.

Best regards.

Dr.Ahmad