What causes reddish spots on the forehead, arms, thighs, legs and stomach?
Now he has 3 reddish sore/spot , 2 in head and 1 in thumbs.
I have attached the picture of it.
Could you please let me know the causes and remedy?
It is a skin diseases ? Do i need to take medication or apply cream?
Not a skin disease. Not a cause for concern.
I have gone through your query, reviewed the images and understand your concerns.
Let me assure you that for children up to 3 months of age it is normal to get rashes on the skin. It is called erythema toxicum.
Unlike the name, it is absolutely harmless and needs no intervention and is not a cause for concern.
They are not due to an allergic cause or heat rashes. No intervention needed. You can, however, use some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Nothing needs to be done
It is normal and no medication is needed. However, if apprehensive you can put an antibiotic ointment like Neosporin.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- What causes swelling on thighs and legs
- Thigh and leg pain causes
- What causes small purple spots inside the thighs
- What causes mottled thighs
- What causes pain in thighs and calves of legs
- What causes pain in thighs when stomach is bloated
- What causes brown spots all over the thigh
- What causes severe pain in neck arms and thighs
- What causes purpleish and reddish discoloration on thighs and calf