What causes reddish ring on right hip?
May be ring worm (tinea corporis) but need to see a pic to confirm.
Hello and welcome,
A red ring on the skin is most likely ring worm. However, if it looks like a bull's eye type ring, there is the possibility of Lyme disease from a tic bite. Ring worm is a fungal infection and would not cause aches - if it were ring worm the aches in the back and hip would be from a separate cause. But Lyme disease can be associated with joint pain.
Have you had any fevers?
Been in any wooded or high grass areas?
How long have you noticed the red rings?
How long have you had the dull ache?
And most importantly - can you upload some high quality pictures?
Thanks - more information to follow.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weak hips
- What could cause a pain in right hip
- What causes hip spasms
- What causes pain and stiffness in hip
- What causes pain in right buttock and hip
- What causes persistent pain in right hip
- What is the cause of painful lump on hip
- What causes indentation on right hip and upper leg
- What is the cause for hip discomfort
- What causes pain in lower hip