What causes reddish rash on penis head?
Last week my Penis developed a red rash on the head. (uncircumsised and no other sypmtons eksewhere)
I have had thrush when i was younger and symptoms looked very similar, however today the opening of the penis was red swollen and has become uncomfortable (a bit itchy).
I have tried an anti fungal cream, which seems to have mixed results, clears up but comes back again.
Not had unprotected sex nor sex itself since December,
candidial Balanoposthitis is most likely possibility
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com. I have read your query. I understand your concern. I have seen the attached photographs also.
As per details, it seems that you are having fungal infection of skin involving genitalia known as Candidial Balanoposthitis. It is characterised by red colored itchy rash over glans associated with itch. It may lead to inflammatory changes resulting in swelling over the site.
In such scenario, only topical antifungals won't be sufficient. You may need oral antifungals like weekly dose of fluconazole for atleast 2 weeks. Simultaneously you may take anti inflammatory drugs like diclofenac for swelling.
These are prescription drugs so I would advise you to visit your doctor in person. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itchy red rash on the penis
- Preseed caused rash on penis
- Testicles ached rash on penis head what could be cause
- What causes rashes on thighs and shaft of penis
- What causes rashes on the penis after using a condom
- Penis rash causes
- What causes stitch like rash under the penis head
- What could cause red rashes on the penis gland
- Sperm causes rash on penis
- Candiabetes cause rash on the penis