What causes reddish bumps in pubic area?

Dr. BR Hudda

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have reddish rash type bumps in the pubic area. Just noticed on Sunday. Not itching.
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information for better assessment of the condition

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I share your concern and I will definitely help you in best possible way
At the outset I would like further information for better assessment of the condition like
If possible upload a photograph
Exact site and size of the bumps
Any history of discharge or oozing of blood ?
Your complete medical history like diabetes or if you are taking any medicines ?

You need not to worry, just relax and write back to me with these details so that I will be able to tell you more accurately
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. BR Hudda 27 hours later
No history of discharge or oozing..
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please consider these guidelines

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome again and thanks for the details
I had gone through your photograph, you need not to worry, if you have only these much rashes.
I would advise you to keep it clean and apply any antiseptic ointment like soframycin or mupirocin

if it doesn't subside in next 2 or 3 days than you need to see a doctor for physical examination and a course of antibiotics under supervision
Hope this answers your question
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T