What causes reddish brown layer over burn wound?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Jan 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: sir,
2 days back,I got burn (approx of half inch) on my upper lips from hot wax, with wax strip thin layer of skin also got removed.
Immediately applied ice to it and silverex cream after that. some liquid dripped from wound for sometime then stopped. No blister was formed.
Now reddish brown chiselled layer is forming over the burn.
Should i try some other cream?
will there be burn scar?
If yes, which cream should i use to remove that scar?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue silverx ointment

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Reddish brown chiselled area is just local inflammation due to the hot wax and pulling out of the hair with force. Usually it does not leave scars and heals without any residual mark. You can continue to apply silverex ointment. It is too early to use anti scar cream as scar formation would not have occured this early however if it does I suggest Kojic acid to be applied over the area after the redness comes down completely and there is no sign of inflammation

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T