What causes red spots on the legs after taking Toridol?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Accident and Emergency
Question: Hi ... Today I was given a shot of toridol and an antibiotic. The last 45 minutes my legs have begun to itch so sever I have red pimpling all up and down my legs and bruising. Now it has moved to my torso and arms. Should I be alarmed? Should I go to the ER?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please go to ER as soon as possible

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, yes you should go to the ER immediately . you are experiencing an allergic reaction. the severest form of allergic reaction is anaphylaxis and could be fatal . this should be treated by an anti-histaminic injection as avil and a steroid injection as dexamethasone .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 18 minutes later
Can I ask a another question

Sometimes my legs will itch like that all on their own. With no external elements to cause this. What would you thing would cause this?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Folliculitis, eczema or urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, this could be due to
1) folliculitis due to tight clothes or shaving
2) Eczema in reaction to soaps, detergents , cosmetics or sweat
3) urticaria which is red with white center in reaction to cold or certain foods.
I hope I answered your question