What causes red rashes on legs and stomach post intake of Nurofen?
Anti-histamines required at the earliest
Hello sir/ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The rash after consuming nurofen (active ingredient ibuprofen) is a severe side effect of ibuprofen, requiring anti-histamine medications. You can use any of the following over-the-counter (OTC) medications like cetrizine, loratadine, or fexofenadine (1 tablet, 3 times daily).
But if you feel that your rash is not getting better in a day or two, then report to a doctor for a steroid shot and a shot of an antihistamine (e.g. pheniramine). You can choose to take a XXXXXXX warm water shower, to help soothe your skin.
I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes red lines on stomach
- What could cause red bumps on stomach and arms
- What causes red welts on child stomach
- Nurofen causes iron deficiency
- Nurofen causes bad dreams
- Causes of rash on stomach
- What causes stomach discomfortweak legs and anxiety
- Can nurofen cause health problems
- What causes rashes on chest and stomach
- What could cause skin rash and freckle on stomach