What causes red rashes on forearms, groin, upper chest and neck?
You had an allergic reaction with urticaria as symptom. You should take Benadryl as you are taking it now. A more safer alternative is Claritin Tablets which is also over the counter and does not sedate.
The dose is standard adult dose specified on the drug twice to three times a day depending on the symptom for a day. In case if the rash gets worse I suggest to see at ER. In case you have change in voice or breathless XXXXXXX immediately rush to ER.
Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for your assistance.
Very difficult to know the trigger
Extremely sorry for a delayed reply.
Sushi could cause a delayed hypersensitivity reaction and I guess this is it. Else I could not think anything else. Unless I take a complete history where you have gone, what did you do, what food and occupation etc detailed chart we will not be able to figure the agent that caused the rash.
Keep away from Sushi or keep a dose of Claritin / Benadryl in your carry bag. Mind you sometimes the reactions are severe as well not as mild as this. Instead avoiding allergens is wise than regret.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurrance of red rash on face and neck
- What causes painful rashes on neck
- What can cause rash on chest and groin
- Red groin rash caused by diabetes
- Lump in neck and groin causes
- What causes itchy rashes on neck
- What could be the cause of rashes on neck
- What causes red blotches on neck and chest
- What causes splotchy redness on the neck
- What causes headache with rashes on neck