What causes red rash and swelling on the legs?
vasculitis is likely possibility
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com.
I have read your query.
I understand your concern.
The most common reason for red rash with mild swelling in legs is a condition of skin called Vasculitis. It is inflammation of the vesseks leading to apparent rash and transudation of fluid leading to swelling.
In such cases, vascular studies like Doppler comes out to be normal.
I would like to know following details -
1 ) For how long are you having the rash and swelling?
2) any associated symptoms like itch, pain etc?
3) Is it persistent or goes of with or without medications?
4) any precipitating event like recent infection, medication taken, or associated illness?
5) any other symptoms like respiratory difficulty, pain abdomen, headache etc?
Kindly upload the images so that I can actually visualize the rash and advise you accordingly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurrance of red rash on face and neck
- What causes red rashes in a diabetic and glaucoma patient
- What causes itchy red rash on the penis
- What could cause red rashes on butt cheek
- What causes painful red rashes around the testicles
- Does red rash on legs cause due to uti
- What causes red rash on thighs
- What causes red rash near left ear
- What is causing pain swelling and red rashes in breast
- What could cause red rashes on the penis gland